Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hanging out with Tally

For the last two days I have been trying to get over my jetlag and have been exploring Melbourne with Tally. We went to this amazing Moroccan restuaurant last night after a glass of wine and a catch up. The most exciting thing about Melbourne so far is that it is a gluten free friendly city! Everyone here know what I am taking about, they have gluten free alternatives and there are even coeliac bakeries. Mum, if there is one reason i might move to Australia then this may be it!

Today we wondered down Brunswick St which was great, first having breakfast/brunch at the Tin Pot and then off shopping and to the famous Fitzroy Nursery. Here we bought seeds and herbs for Tals garden make-over (my project is to tame the jungle in her back yard) and I am going to apply for a job there if I come back to Melbourne in Januanry as it is a very cool place.

Despite the day being very smoky, due to the north wind which is blowing the smoke from the bushfires into the city, Melbourne is very pretty with lovely houses and beautiful shops. Tal has to work tomorrow, to fund her next project which sounds amazing, so heading off to the big city on my own to explore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a first time visitor here and noticed the Gluten-Free reference. I run a blog called www.glutenfreepost.com that you may find useful. I review Gluten-Free foods and restaurants…giving honest opinions and looking for opinions of others. So if you eat GF foods, I would really like to hear from you! Good luck on your journey!
Jay
JayT@glutenfreepost.com