Saturday, March 24, 2007

Peter Mac Ocean Swim

Well as part of the FINA world championships Peter Mac, being the goodwill partner held an ocean swim at St Kilda and I am very pleased that I decided to volenteer rather than swim as it was freezng cold, raining, blowing a gale and felt like the middle of winter. Needless to say there were a few hundred mad Aussies that decided to brave the waves and some celebraty footballers who swam to save us all from cancer. I survived unscathed apart from being extremely grumpy after slamming my fingers in a fold up sign and not having coffee for the first hour (I have become a caffie addict as the coffee is too good to resist) and despite a brief embarrassing episode where I had to jump off the stage and commado crawl under it after someone's prize which had blown out of my hands, it was fun and we raised lots of money. This unfortunately was only the start of the FINA madness!

No comments: